The Osage Community School District takes considerable action before making a decision as to whether or not school should be delayed or closed. Both the Superintendent of Schools and Transportation Director will be up to drive various county roads checking both visibility and overall road conditions. Based on this information district heads will also seek information for weather systems heading towards the district (radar & weather forecasts), law enforcement, neighboring schools, and the county highway department.
To help communicate any delays or cancellations to our students and families the Osage Community School District will use the following communication tools:
- JMC Messenger: Email & Text Message to those who have signed up for this and provided their information in the JMC Portal
- Osage Community Schools Facebook Page
- Osage Community Schools Twitter
- Osage Community Schools Webpage
- OMU Community Channel
- KIMT - TV
- KAAL - TV
- KTTC - TV
- KCHA Radio (Stations included: KGLO, RIB, KLSS, KYTC, & KIA)
- KSMA / KISS / KLKK Radio
Family members who would like to sign up for JMC Message alerts may log into the JMC Parent Portal. If you experience any difficulties doing this, please contact a building secretary to assist you. Other questions may be directed to the Office of the Superintendent at 641-732-5381.