Welcome to Osage High School, Home of the Green Devils!
Mission: To sustain and enhance a caring community to produce enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
My name is Tim Hejhal and it is a privilege to serve as the principal of Osage High School. The Osage Community School district is a very progressive educational system, which provides excellent opportunities for students of all ages. The city of Osage, located in Mitchell County, provides many, many activities and emergency services and has a friendly, thriving main street. There is active economic development, low unemployment, and plans for many upgrades and improvements. All these combine to provide a stable enrollment in the district with financial security and low staff turnover leading to high academic achievement and very strong athletic, music, and activity programs.
Osage High School serves 300 of our district’s 1,000 students, with each of the grades in our high school averaging around 75 students.
My educational background and experience includes graduating from Sgt. Bluff-Luton High School. I earned my bachelor’s degree in Business Education and Physical Education at Northwestern College in Orange City, IA. After graduating from college, I taught Business Education, worked with At-Risk students and coached multiple sports in the Dubuque Community School District. I went on to earn my Master of Educational Administration Degree from the University of Northern Iowa. Prior to coming to Osage Community Schools in 2008, I previously worked administratively in the MFL-MarMac School District in Monona, IA. In addition to being the Osage HS principal, I also serve as the District Special Education Director.
Below are the high school’s programming and course offerings.
Standard Programing and course offerings:
Math: Pre-Algebra up through Calculus, including AP Stats
English: English 1, English 2, English 3; plus an additional 6 other electives including 2 dual credit courses.
Social Studies: Government, World Studies, U.S. History, Sociology, Psychology; plus an additional 3 elective courses.
Science: Biology, Physical Science, Chemistry, Physics; plus an additional 4 elective courses
Industrial Technology: Nine elective courses including 1 dual credit course.
Ag Education: Eight elective courses including 2 dual credit courses.
Business Education: Nine elective courses including 2 dual credit courses.
Family Consumer Science: Five elective courses including 2 dual credit courses.
Art: six elective courses; plus an AP course
Spanish: Four years of elective courses
Band/Chorus: Four years of elective courses
Physical Education/Health: Four years of Physical Education and one year of health
TAG: Four years of elective courses
Additional/Unique Programing and Course Offerings:
• Project Lead the Way (PLTW): Students have the opportunity to take courses that are hands on and
• Iowa Big North (IBN): This is a new program at OHS. Students involved with this program do more real world project based learning, following their passion while working with surrounding businesses.
• Concurrent Enrollment Opportunities for HS Students: We offer many dual credit courses at OHS. Dual credit courses are where students get both high school and college credits for taking.
• We offer many school activity programs and clubs for students to get involved in. A few of these include: FFA, DECA, NHS, Dance, IT, NHS and Model UN.
• Osage Alternative School in a School (OASIS): This is our alternative education setting of at-risk/non-traditional learners.
• We are looking to start an Osage On-line Academy in the upcoming year.
Please contact me anytime if you have any questions or I can be of any assistance to you. I can best be reached at 641-732-3102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tim Hejhal, OHS Principal