Substitute Information

Substitute Teachers & Support Staff Substitutes Procedures

If you are interested in subbing please go to and apply under Substitute teacher or Substitute Paraprofessional whichever position you are interested in applying.

Once you have an applied on the district office will let the Principals know you have applied.

If the principal wants to consider you as a sub, they will then let the district office know to get in touch with you and set up an interview

The forms that a substitute needs to complete if you are selected to be a substitute:

  • Background Check Paperwork
  • Physical Form (a physical anytime during last year will work)
  • Payroll Info (which includes getting us a copy of driver’s license AND social security card or else a copy of their passport)
  • Copy of Teaching License (teachers only)
  • Copy of Mandatory Reporter Certificate (teachers only)

Brand new teachers that have an Initial License do NOT need to fill out the background check paperwork. Their backgrounds are checked when they apply for a license. All other newly hired teachers, coaches & support staff will need to fill out background paperwork.

Once all the paperwork has been completed and the background information has been returned you will be contacted by the principals will contact you to sub.

If you have any questions or need any help with applying on teachiowa please call Renae Trettin, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent at 641-732-5381.